Open Source Platforms
As a Linux systems administrator and web developer I have installed, migrated, upgraded, configured and customized a wide variety of open source platforms --including Moodle and WordPress. I am proficient at:
- Configuring VMs hosted in-house as well as with external vendors such as Linode and Google Cloud Platform;
- Installing LAMP and other stacks;
- Administering Ubuntu 16.04 and RHEL/Centos 7;
- Migrating, backing up, querying and fixing MYSQL databases;
- Writing Bash shell scripts to ensure consistency in repetitive tasks;
- Utilizing CRON to automate system processes.
Here is a small sample of the platforms I have built and maintained.
Linux, PHP, MySQL, Apache HTTP server.
More information at https://wordpress.org/
Linux (Ubuntu or Debian), Apache HTTP server, MySQL, Perl.
Linux, Ruby, Rails, Solr, nodejs, Phusion Passenger.
Linux, Apache HTTP server.
Linux, Apache HTTP server, MySQL, PHP, ImageMagick.
More information at https://omeka.org/classic/
Disclaimer: I installed and migrated Omeka and added the students and faculty as super users. The students customized these systems.